VisualCalc has just introduced the Alternative Fuel Vehicle (AFV) Dashboard, a new free dashboard deployed on VisualCalc’s public dashboard website www.publicdashboards.com. The AFV dashboard enables graphical, easy-to-interpret analysis of AFV adoption, alternative fuel consumption, and AFV sales by model.
The AFV Dashboard includes four graphical indicators, each of which is focused on a different aspect of the deployment and adoption of AFVs in the U.S.:
- Year-by-year AFVs in use, broken out by fuel type.
- Alternative fuel consumption by year.
- Annual hybrid electric fuel vehicle sales by model.
- Greenhouse gas emissions by fuel type.
The AFV Dashboard highlights some important trends and developments in the adoption of AFVs in the U.S., including:
- The number of AFVs in use increased from 394,000 in 2000 to 776,000 in 2008. The primary alternative fuel type in use if 85% Ethanol (E85), which powered 58% of the AFVs in use in 2009.
- After steady year-by-year increases up to 2004, alternative fuel consumption has remained fairly constant in the ensuing years. The mix of alternative fuels is shifting away from liquefied petroleum gas towards compressed natural gas and 85% Ethanol.
- For the last 10 years, the Toyota Prius has been the top selling hybrid electric vehicle. Approximately 139,682 Prius’ were sold in 2009, representing 48% of the market. The hybrid Toyota Camry was second on the list, with 22,887 sold, while the hybrid Ford Fusion was third on the list, with sales of 15,554.
This new dashboard will be incorporated into VisualCalc’s public dashboard website: PublicDashboards.com. PublicDashboards.com contains a set of interactive dashboards covering a variety of topical issues, including housing, the economy, the environment, education statistics, employment trends, and health-related data.